Elgin Academy will continue to accept applications as long as space is available in our classrooms. Enrollment is based upon space availability. We strongly urge you to begin the admission application process one year in advance to allow sufficient time to process all necessary paperwork, and to provide you with the best chance for an opening in your desired grade level.
1. Submit the online application, including the $50 application fee.
2. Submit teacher Recommendation form.
- Middle and Upper School applicants need one recommendation from an English teacher, and one from a Math teacher.
- Lower School and Early Childhood applicants need just one recommendation from a current teacher.
3. Complete the Release of Records form and send to the applicant’s current school.
4. Schedule a shadow day by calling the Admission Office at 847-695-0303.
5. Register to take the ISEE exam at Elgin Academy.
- Applicants entering grades 5-12 are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE).
- ISEE testing will take place at Elgin Academy. Please contact the Admission Office to make an individual appointment to take the exam.