Affordability is an issue for many families interested in an independent education for their children, regardless of their income level. We are committed to making an Elgin Academy education accessible and affordable to all qualified students. The tuition assistance committee determines a family’s financial eligibility to receive tuition assistance in a fair and objective manner, in accordance with standards of the National Association of Independent Schools. Financial aid is awarded to students at all grade levels, beginning in Kindergarten, and is decided on the basis of need and availability of funds.
Each year, Elgin Academy awards more than $1.5 million dollars in need-based financial aid. Approximately 40 percent of students who attend the Academy currently receive some level of tuition assistance.
Families seeking need-based tuition assistance must file an application. In order to ensure our process for establishing financial need adheres to national standards of best practice, Elgin Academy uses the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) Program powered by Independent School Management (ISM).
Tuition Assistance Process
Complete the FAST application by clicking on the FAST icon to the right. You will be redirected to the FAST website to begin your application. It may be helpful to review the information below before starting the application.
- The application fee for FAST is $43 (families will pay FAST directly).
- FAST offers 24/7/365 customer support by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (877) 326-3278.
Mail your tax documents to FAST. For the 2019-20 school year, please submit the following tax documents:
- 2017 tax documents - with application
- 2018 tax documents - by May 1st
- You may also have to submit additional documents based upon the information on your FAST application.
You can submit your documents using the following steps:
- Once you have completed the FAST application you will be directed to the Quick Processing Wizard and asked several questions.
- Once you have answered those questions you will be given a confirmation of completion form with a barcode.
- Put the confirmation form with barcode and the copies of your tax documents in a sealed envelope and mail to the following address:
Independent School Management
Attn: FAST Processing
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
are self-addressed envelopes available in the Admissions Office, but
families can use any 9"x12" envelope as long as the confirmation page
with barcode is included. Once FAST has received your tax documents, you
will receive another email indicating that your application has been
verified. At this point you are done with FAST process.
Elgin Academy's Tuition Assistance Committee reviews the information provided to FAST and will notify family of the decision on their application.